Wednesday, May 22, 2013

embrace...

Austin and I are coming up on our 1 year anniversary... that's right folks, this amazing man has put up with me for a WHOLE year almost... haha!

I think about our wedding day and the days leading up to the event A LOT... just ask Austin and he will verify it... 


There were wonderful, difficult, stressful, and exhilarating moments during those days... and I would love to say that the "good" feelings outweighed the "not-so-good" feelings... but that's not necessarily the truth.  I would love to say that I was one of those brides that "let it go" and just enjoyed each little moment... BUT, I wasn't... at least not the whole time...


Some of you reading this don't know me or Austin... and have no idea that our family and friends traveled across the country (literally) to share our wedding day with us... and rather than taking full advantage of every moment with them in the days leading up to the wedding, I was, instead, a big ball of stress and nerves... Austin might have even thought I had "bride-zilla" tendencies (although he is too sweet to say that out loud... y'all he bears with me better than any person in this world... I am truly, truly blessed to be his wife)...


To put it kindly I was a mess the days before our wedding day... and somehow the morning of our wedding I finally did "let it go"... absolutely all of it... a feeling of peace and joy came over me that I know was given to me by God and the Holy Spirit... I can promise you I would have never gotten to that "good place" on my own... 


So on the bright side... I loved, appreciated, and enjoyed every moment of the day I got married... I took advantage of what little time I had left to share with our friends and family... it was a GREAT day... it was a day the Lord had made!


However as thankful as I am for that wonderful day... I still wish it hadn't taken me so long to "let it go"... 


Our wedding taught me a lesson that I want to share with all of you... something that I am still working on each day (some days are definitely better than others)... but here it is...


EMBRACE every moment the Lord gives you... enjoy your friends and family... tell them that you love them... really, really spend time with them --- rather than trying to mulit-task while you are with them... be fully present in those moments because they are precious... those moments are a gift from God and we shouldn't waste them being stressed or worried or whatever... let us always remember...



"This is the day the Lord has made; 
  We will rejoice and be glad in it."

--- Psalm 118:24


Sincerely,

HG


No comments:

Post a Comment